The Stone House Primitives

The Stone House Primitives
A Cottage by the Lake

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What Have I Been Up To?

We purchased this little gem a year ago and we are finally getting around to working on it.  I think the neighbors are just as excited as we are, we have heard nightmare stories about past tenants of the home.  With us being a private party vs. a rental management company I feel they are all depending on us for some good neighbors, I hope I can come through for them as the tenant finding is my department lol!


This one is a floor to ceiling job after many years of neglect but here are some of the transformations so far.

The Blue Room: 
(even though it isn't blue any more it will always be The Blue Room in my mind LOL!)

BEFORE
 Sorry this pic is fuzzy but it's all I have.

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

I started laying the flooring yesterday.  Here it is so far:
 I know, it's a bit unorthodox laying vinyl over wood but here is the big reason why I am doing it:
Two different bases in the other bedroom, this and the fact that none of the wood floors in the house match and that is very unsettling to me.

One more before and after, the dining room light:

It looks black but it is an oil rubber bronze finish.

So there is what I have been up to with very little time for crafting and blogging so sorry for my lack of visits here and to your blogs.

Hope you are all doing well!

Kendra


9 comments:

  1. Evening Kendra, that is a nice little gem, sweet house. Love the blue room :) great job, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a heck of a lot of work and it is turning out so nice Kendra!!!!! We want to see more.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kendra.. You have been missed. But now I know why. You have been very busy. Will be great to see the after photos.
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sense of accomplishment you must have!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The after's are looking great Kendra. Keep up the good work.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't know why anyone would Ever use that blue!
    that's a cute place though, love the changes.
    wish I had new floors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a blue room,so much better in the after pics.LOL! Love the home,it will turn into such a cozy place when you are finished. Please continue to share pics of it.Don't work to hard,we miss you.Be blessed,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been a busy girl, it's looking wonderful Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an undertaking - your efforts are showing up wonderfully - And the laminate flooring is going to be such an improvement!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!