The Stone House Primitives

The Stone House Primitives
A Cottage by the Lake

Thursday, March 20, 2014

This Would Only Happen To Me...

I try to stop and check on my grandparent's house every ten days or so since it is unoccupied and has been since grandma's passing in 2012.

I stopped last Tuesday to check on the water in the basement situation which was beautiful, no water, so I checked the rest of the house like I typically do and there were no issues, perfect!  I stopped today to check on everything and when I walked into the living room I saw a mess all over the floor, my first thought was ceiling plaster but under closer investigation...


I discovered that it was wood shavings.

I continued my search and found...







Something has shredded the window sills and sashes.  I went completely through the house and there was no further evidence (feces etc.) other than the counter that was cleared off.  I called a critter gitter and the first thing he said when I described the damage was "squirrel".   So I am meeting with the critter gitter tomorrow so he can investigate further because quite frankly, I don't want to find the critter on my own LOL!

After I get the critter taken care of I'll be dealing with the insurance company because Jene said that the window is a $3000- unit...

Ug!

Another learning experience.  :)

Kendra














10 comments:

  1. OMG thank goodness you stopped by -- and how creepy finding that mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Kendra, what a mess :O( Hope the critter gitter can expel your unwanted house guest right away and that the insurance company doesn't give you an grief with the claim. {{Hugs}} my friend, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. A live trap would probly work. Squirrels aren't to scary now a giant spider Yikes! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kendra, oh oh!!! what a mess, hope you find the culprit....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On NO! :-( Those darn critters can cause so much damage...looks like it was trying desperately to get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dratted critter! I am so sorry Kendra ,that is such a mess and kind of creepy.Hope things are lined out soon.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kendra.. There is not much worse then a squirrel to destroy stuff.. The stupid thing.. Sorry.. I shouldn't call it names.. lol... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing the damage they can cause!!!!! did you find him yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Kendra. I'm sorry. He must have been trying to get outside after getting inside somehow. So much damage

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a mess. Good thing you checked it when you did though.
    Little beggar critter!
    Take care.
    Marg

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!