The Stone House Primitives

The Stone House Primitives
A Cottage by the Lake

Friday, March 14, 2014

Blue Room Flooring Before And After

The floor that I started laying was horrible once I really got going on it.  The quality was horrible and it just was not going as smooth as the other floors of the same type that I have laid.  To start with I thought maybe I just needed to get my "groove back on" but after 2 hours and it not getting any better...Jene called and asked how it was going and I told him all the trouble I was having and that I thought we would probably be replacing this flooring after the first tenant moved out so he said "Stop! We'll get something you like better tonight."

So here is the flooring we settled on and once I got a few pieces down it was like riding a bike and it went down smooth as butter on toast.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I got the entire room done in 4 hours and I love it!
We're hoping to get the other bedroom in the upper level done tomorrow.
110sf down, 220 to go!

Kendra

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I love it too :)
    Great job.
    Woolie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kendra, love the lighter color, so warm and inviting, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tis a shame you couldn't salvage the original floors but the new ones look great too.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your instincts were right, I like this better too. Pretty!
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!