The Stone House Primitives

The Stone House Primitives
A Cottage by the Lake

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Break From Hard Labor!

Today I scraped popcorn ceiling.  What a gritty yucky job!  When I went to wash my face I felt like I was exfoliating without even using a scrub!  I am 2/3 done with the job, I need to move a few things before I can finish.  I am not completely removing the textured layer but instead just knocking it down a bit so it's not so...drastic of a texture.

Tomorrow I will be working at my old job.  WooHoo, a day off from the house!

I'll have no pictures of any true progress on the house for a bit,  so here are pix of a couple of things I made for a recent charity auction.




Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends!

Kendra

7 comments:

  1. Morning, sweet pictures, Enjoy no house work :) Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendra - oh I remember doing that to our upstairs bathroom years ago - now why anyone would put that kind of a ceiling in a bathroom is beyond me but it was there.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S...your creations are wonderful - I'm sure whoever received them was delighted.
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you are getting a break from the house.Your projects are wonderful! Hope that you have a great day.Be blessed,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your needlecrafts are sweet. You'll have to tell me how you're scraping those ceilings. We've got to do something with our ceilings too. Was thinking of just painting over them.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, scraping popcorn ceilings, no fun at all :O( Glad you are getting a wee break but going to work isn't really a break missy! Love your new makes and Happy belated St. Patrick's Day Kendra!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!