The Stone House Primitives

The Stone House Primitives
A Cottage by the Lake

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

The day started out great.

Ran a couple of errands in the morning.  Got a facial.  Went to a couple of resale shops.  Found a couple of treasures.

1:00  Got a phone call from the JH principal.  Hiney had done something (I don't exactly "get" what it was but if I understood correctly it doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me...then again I pick my battles with the boys) at school.

1:15  I stopped at Gram's house to check on it and found an indoor pool in the basement so I spent an hour cleaning up water.  As fast as I got it to the drain more was coming in.  Tomorrow I will go back to clean up more water, get a hose hooked up to the dehumidifier so it can drain directly and then I get to finish taking down a wall (finished basement) so I can get to the drain easier.  So excited about that.

2:15 I stopped at the farm house to check on it and found another indoor pool in the basement.

2:30  On the way home it took all the strength I had to keep the truck on the road so I pulled over to check that I didn't have a flat, no flat.  So I drove home going 40-45 mph because I think the front end has an issue.

Switched vehicles, picked up J, went home, let ducks in, left for a meet, got home at 8:45 to do some accounting for the estate.

I'm going to bed!

Kendra

6 comments:

  1. Wow ! After a day like that...it can only get better. I hope!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! The wind is just crazy here -- it is hard to keep anything on the road -- be careful with that water issue and just be glad you stopped or it could have been a lot worse -- that is the glass 1/2 full! ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya, mama did say that, hope it only gets better Kendra, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra, Holy Moly that sure is a FULL day.
    I bet you slept like a baby. I love your title to this post.
    Big Hugs Girlie,
    Tricia XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, what a day for you! ((sends hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, well, at least you got the facial in before all heck broke loose! Sooo sorry about the water leak and having to replace dry wall, arghhh. Just remember, this too shall pass! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!