- copy and paste the award on your blog
- thank the giver and link back to them
- reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
- hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers
Though I love and would recommend any of the blogs that I follow there are a few that I am sure to check up on almost daily.
- Bumble Bee Lane is a great place to check out for swaps.
- Ravenwood Whimzies is great about posting differant giveaways.
- A Primitive Place-Tammy is a great place to check out for frugal craft ideas.
- Carmon and the Primcats is great for frugal craft ideas also plus she is just so funny!
- The Blessed Hearth is a great place to get refreshed and renewed.
Mind you these are just a few reasons to check out these wonderful lady's blogs. There is so much more to them than just this. Please check them out if you do not already.
We made it back from Milwaukee and picked CJ up from my in-laws last night. We never got to the conservatory which was fine with me because I now have the boy's cold and I am close to miserable. We will go back in a couple of weeks to go there as we had promised the boys.
Anyway today will be short and sweet for my post from here on because I need a nap. When I am done here I will have some of the leftover soup that J asked me to make for him when he was sick last week. Here's the recipe:
Beef Barley Soup
1/2c each chopped carrots and onions
4c beef broth
2c chopped cooked beef
1 can (14 1/2 oz)diced tomatoes
1c quick cooking barley
1 1/2t salt
1/2t each dried basil and oregano
1/c frozen peas
In a cast iron (doesn't have to be but I love mine!)dutch oven or kettle, saute carrots and onion in the butter until tender. Add broth, water, beef, tomatoes, barley, and spices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and let simmer for 20min. Add the peas and let simmer for 5 min uncovered. Makes 3 quarts. I have had luck in freezing this recipe.
I better go eat, start another load of laundry, and get the socks out of the oven (you never know what you may find around here!) before I go lay down.
Do me a favor and do something nice for yourself today, please. I am going to get myself a sweet soda before I go pick-up the boys. Let me know what you do!
Love to all, I'd send hugs but I don't want you all to catch this cold!